Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Chinese New Year 2007

It was Chinese New Year period, year 2007.
We all gathered and when for our new year bash, with the hope of landing at least 1 fish each, for good omen.

It was the first trip for my 2500R custom and Shimano Scorpion 6~14.
Almost all get fish during the day, and me? Missed 3 Kims straight, hook not set properly

coz I still not use to this rod, which is softer then my BC rod, all kim threw hook after

a short fight. I was stress one kind. Bad omen......

Night fall, still nothing for me, I was stressed to the core.

Roy walk over:" Come Roger, we go hunt them now." I followed.
It was lowest tide then, we walk in the darkness, both heros did not have torch light,

great.


Scouting around for hunting ground,atlowest tide, its a bit tough there. Finally found a

workable hole, we set up to work.

Roy was targeting to my left, I aimed the right.


First cast, almost lost the lure to the rock.
Made my second cast, pause and wait for the lure to stablize, crank, twitch, pause, twitch, WHAM!!!

The fish pulled strongly, the rod bent till butt, line spill out like water...
And it slowed down, I pumped and recover some line before thw next run.
Set hook again on the second run, I extremely stressed, worry phiew hook again, like in the day time....

Roy already by my side, getting ready to land the fish..
"wait wait wait, the fish not spent yet, still got one more run.." I said. The fish turned and made one last dash...

We have no proper fish landing tool, the biggest plier was a tiny one which the jaw is only 2 inches long. Best.

Roy grabbed the leader, the fish trashing violently in the water, splashing water all over.

I ask the million dollar question:" eh.... AH Roy ar..."
"what?"
"like this consider land liao bo?"

Suddenly I felt the whole world freezed over, Roy turn to look at me, stunted, can see a drop of sweat rolling slowly down his temple...

"eh.... consider la, consider la, see? the leader in my hand liao, eh.. land liao, landed liao..." Roy replied, still stunted.

"HUAT AH!!! New Year Fish!!!"









11 Pounder for Chinese New Year, personal record wild kim.

Sadly the fish never made it to see another day. Due to hero go fishing without proper fish handling tool.
I bought a Boga immediately after the trip. No more dead fish since...

6 comments:

  1. hahaha nice BG ar kekeke

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wahahadl5.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one there lah Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx Ibr, but I still hate you. Kekekekeke....

    ReplyDelete
  5. In any relationship.....therz this love and hate factor....I guess I am the hate factor......kekeke......Eh, when want to fish together again......Must recce new spot leh, NT kenna liao :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now then panic? kekekeke going bitch lut now lo

    ReplyDelete